Road Safety week 3 day
சாலை பாதுகாப்பு வாரம் - 3ஆம் நாள்
சாலையில் இனி சாலை விபத்தால் பாதிக்கப் பட்டவர்கள் இல்லை என்ற நிலை வரவேண்டும்
அனைவரும் இணைந்து ஆயிரக்கணக்கான உயிர்களை காப்பாற்றலாம்
ஒரு நிமிடத்தில் வாழ்வை இழப்பதை விட
உங்கள் வாழ்வில் ஒரு நிமிடத்தை இழப்பது மேல்
ஏனிந்த கொலைவெறி கோபமில்லாமல் வாகனத்தை ஓட்டுவோம்
Road Safety Week 2014
Road safety week 2014 would be celebrated in India from 1st of January (Thursday) to the 7th of January (Tuesday).
Road safety week is celebrated by performing the following activities:
· Road safety leaflets including roses, chocolates and flowers are distributed to the travellers on the road.
· commuters are also explained about the methods and necesseities of the road safety means they must understand the use of helmets or seat belts while driving on the road or anywhere.
· Various painting and drawing competitions, road safety announcements, exhibitions, road rules test, girls scooter rally to encourage the use of helmets, debates on road safety at the All India Radio, workshops, seminar and etc activities are organized.
· Free medical chek up camps and driving training workshops are organizzed for the drivers to encourage them towards the road safety.
· Road safety quiz compititions are also organized to promote people about road safety.
· Traffic safety games including card games, puzzles, board games and etc are organized to educate school children about road safety.
Celebrating the road safety campaign was initiated by the ISS India HSE (Health Safety and Environment) in order to make people aware about the national road safety in the Indian subcontinent. ISS India had declared to celebrate the Road Safety Week all through the country in the first week of the month of January. The aim of this campaign was to emphasize and accentuate people about the need of safe roads travel by applying just simple rules.
According to the information, it has been noted that approximately one lakh people are getting killed per year in the road accidents. Or some of them become sufferer of the life threatening problems such as mental trauma, loss of memory, loss of hand or legs and so many for the whole life. Such situations specially in India increases the importance and necessity of the road safety measures. India has a very huge population of the road travellers such as two wheelers, four wheelers on the road, thats why they must know the road safety.
It also need efforts from different stakeholders such as the community, transport sector, insurance sector, health sector, police, legal sector, educational institutions, highway engineers, vehicle manufacturers, public agencies, NGOs and etc. Students are given a big oppurtunity to be participated in the road safety week programme as to change something, youths of the country must understand first.